It’s that time of year again! So thankful since our youngest needs a refresh on pants and shorts for school! He’s only 20 months old, in a diaper free environment, so we need LOTS. 🙂 I’m sure I’ll find some great treasures for our oldest too (he’s 5). He tends to score some great dress shirts each sale. He’s a ham, so he loves it.
It’s such a fun time shopping and selling at the sale. I find that consigning our outgrown items is really quite easy! It doesn’t tend to take as much time as I expect and the drop off is pretty easy. I’ve posted a few tips near the end of the post, be sure to check them out. Also, JBF released a is a great breakdown of the process:
Since I’m going to help drive some press for the sale, I’ve been given a gift certificate to share with one of you. $15 goes a far way there. So if you are in the DFW area and are a mom, dad, grandparent, aunt, uncle, friend, or plain human that sees a kid every once in a while, enter below to get a $15 gift card.
Want a coupon? Here you go!
As I tend to mention every sale, I need to start getting all our outgrown clothes, baby items, and toys together and get tagging! I try very hard to break even with each sale. Trading up is a great thing!
I have shared these tips before and they are still on point.
- While looking at clothing, look at the labels. Don’t pay too much for things from Walmart or Target. You are only saving a dollar or two. If you look at better labels you’ll see you tend to get a better deal with clothes that wear much better.
- You may qualify as a first time mom or grandparent! Head over to the JBF shopping page and see if you qualify for an early entry pass (registration ends March 1st).
- Consign! Not only do you get money back for items you are no longer using, you get early shoppers passes.
- Selling books? Consider using painters tape instead of scotch tape. It doesn’t damage the product.
- Price fairly. When you consign really think about what you would pay for an item. If it’s too much, it won’t sell. This doesn’t mean you need to give it away either.
- Add .50 to everything! When you consign add .50 to everything you sell. When you shop you tend to not care about the cents. If you have more than 20 to 25 items .50 per items adds up.
- Volunteer! Seriously, the secret to winning at JBF is to volunteer. You get a higher percentage of our consignment sales back AND you get an early shoppers pass. If you are looking for hot items at the best price, the earlier you get there the better.
- Volunteer! (you get the point – do it – it’s worth it)
One thing I would like to ask everyone to consider is grabbing a red bag and an angel wish from the SafeHaven Wall of Wishes. This works just like a Christmas angel tree for an outstanding non-profit.
Okay! Lets give away some JBF cash! One of my lucky readers who live locally in the DFW area, will win a $15 Just Between Friends Fort Worth Gift Certificate! RULES: Winner must be 18+, local to the DFW area and may not have won another JBF giveaway for the Spring 2016 sale. Full terms in giveaway.
Want to save more money? Here’s a coupon to get in FREE on September 6!