Yes, I was just saying I wasn’t driving this blog to push sponsored content, but this one doesn’t count. JBF is something that has been near and dear to our family for 5 years now. The fall sale is my favorite. I like to try and get in there early to find some good Christmas items along with a load of fall and winter clothes for the boys.
Jonah (14 months old) is my main focus this year. His Montessori school is a diaper free zone, which means we have to send 5 changes of clothes with him. That is A LOT of clothes to have on a rotating basis. With sales like JBF, we can load him up without breaking the bank. I also try to focus on higher end labels while we shop. We’ve found some amazing deals on brand new clothes there.
We’ve had many people mention how clean cut our boys are dressed. We rarely enter any department stores. We lean on the great products people are reselling at JBF! Gap and JCrew clothes at Walmart prices. Who can complain about that!
I’ll be blasting out some photos via Twitter and Instagram on September 3rd while I preview the sale. You’ll quickly see that you need to come join the party. Since I’m going to help drive some press for the sale, I’ve been given a gift certificate to share with one of you! $15 goes a far way there. So if you are in the DFW area and are a mom, dad, grandparent, aunt, uncle, friend, or plain human that sees a kid every once in a while, enter below to get a $15 gift card.
I need to start getting all our outgrown clothes, baby items, and toys together and get tagging! I try very hard to break even with each sale. Trading up is a great thing!
I have shared these tips before and they are still on point.
- While looking at clothing, look at the labels. Don’t pay too much for things from Walmart or Target. You are only saving a dollar or two. If you look at better labels you’ll see you tend to get a better deal with clothes that wear much better.
- You may qualify as a first time mom or grandparent! Head over to the JBF shopping page and see if you qualify for an early entry pass (registration ends September 3rd).
- Consign! Not only do you get money back for items you are no longer using, you get early shoppers passes.
- Selling books? Consider using painters tape instead of scotch tape. It doesn’t damage the product.
- Price fairly. When you consign really think about what you would pay for an item. If it’s too much, it won’t sell. This doesn’t mean you need to give it away either.
- Add .50 to everything! When you consign add .50 to everything you sell. When you shop you tend to not care about the cents. If you have more than 20 to 25 items .50 per items adds up.
- Volunteer! Seriously, the secret to winning at JBF is to volunteer. You get a higher percentage of our consignment sales back AND you get an early shoppers pass. If you are looking for hot items at the best price, the earlier you get there the better.
- Volunteer! (you get the point – do it – it’s worth it)
One thing I would like to ask everyone to consider is grabbing a red bag and an angel wish from the SafeHaven Wall of Wishes. This works just like a Christmas angel tree for an outstanding non-profit.
Okay! Lets give away some JBF cash! One of my lucky readers who live locally in the DFW area, will win a $15 Just Between Friends Fort Worth Gift Certificate! RULES: Winner must be 18+, local to the DFW area and may not have won another JBF giveaway for the Fall 2015 sale. Full terms in giveaway.
Want to save more money? Here’s a coupon to get in FREE on September 6!