Where: Fort Worth’s Will Rogers Memorial Center – Amon G. Carter Exhibit Hall.
When: February 26 – March 9th, with the first public shopping day on March 1st (plus a handful of presales!)
What: Texas’ LARGEST children’s and maternity consignment sale!
Let’s face it, raising kids isn’t cheap. Housing, food, clothes, toys, baby equipment, bedding, trips, treats, etc. It all adds up – just typing that list exhausts me. Over time, especially as we raise our first child, we learn ways to cut costs without cutting the quality we desire. Just Between Friends (JBF for short) is one of the best things we found while getting ready for Henry to come along. Twice a year we shop to our heart’s content without worrying about the cost. Two of my favorite weekends of the year!
What’s the fuss all about? You get to trade in your old stuff for new stuff! Each sale we get together all of Henry’s old items – baby equipment, clothes, toys, etc. We price it to sell so that 75-85% of our items are purchased. We make enough money each time that while we are shopping for a new round of clothes and any equipment we know most of the cost will be covered by our consignor’s check. Love it!
A few things we’ve found that were absolute steals
- tons and tons of clothing from Baby Gap, Crew Cuts, Ralph Lauren, Gymboree for pennies on the dollar in new (actually still tagged) or like new condition
- $30 – $50 Halloween costumes each year for under 10$ a piece. This lets us get two a year so he can dress differently at different parties if he’d like.
- Chuggington Toy set for 1/2 price, still in the box, unopened. One of his favorite Christmas presents.
- Kid’s Craft Fire Station set for 70% off cost in like new condition with all pieces. Another big Christmas hit.
- And so much more!
- This list will grow after this next sale. With a new baby on the way we have a lot of items to repurchase. I plan on shopping my mommy butt off! Don’t worry, there will be a post with our finds 🙂
Some amazing things we sold
- We got great prices for our stroller, infant seats and high chair. They were all in excellent condition. So we got a fair price and someone else got a heck of a deal.
- We have sold 75-85% of our items each time. We are careful with what we sell (stain/wear free) and we make sure it’s priced right.
- While looking at clothing, look at the labels. Don’t pay too much for things from WalMart or Target. You are only saving a dollar or two. If you look at better labels you’ll see you tend to get a better deal with clothes that wear much better.
- You may qualify as a first time mom! Head over to the JBF shopping page and see if you qualify for an early entry pass(registration ends Feb 27th).
- Consign! Not only do you get money back for items you are no longer using, you get early shoppers passes.
- Price fairly. When you consign really think about what you would pay for an item. If it’s too much, it won’t sell. This doesn’t mean you need to give it away either.
- Add .50 to everything! When you consign add .50 to everything you sell. When you shop you tend to not care about the cents. If you have more than 20 to 25 items .50 per items adds up.
- Volunteer! Seriously, the secret to winning at JBF is to volunteer. You get a higher percentage of our consignment sales back AND you get an early shoppers pass. If you are looking for hot items at the best price, the earlier you get there the better.
- Volunteer! (you get the point – do it – it’s worth it)
All photos curiosity of and copyrighted by Just Between Friends Franchise Systems, Inc.